Why? Because Mert has joined les grand Dorks.
Okay, this is not an actual photo of Mert, but I couldn't resist it.
Mert is the kind of Dork that KNOWS things. Dark, arcane things like CODE and java stuff, and yeah, that other stuff that CRSE and I sort of mumble and look away when people blog about.
If you are feeling blue that you weren't invited, BREATHE! (ha ha)
Then drop us an Email at the Gmail. That's what it's for, baby!
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Friday, February 23, 2007
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Monday, February 19, 2007
It was my first grown-up having another couple over for dinner type evening. I had tons of fresh spinach, and decided to make a cream of spinach soup as the first course. The time to puree the hot spinach came, and it went flawlessly, but it was a little runny--I decided I'd use my mom's gravy trick, and thicken it up with a little flour. I knew that the best way to get the lumps out was to shake up a little of your hot stuff with the flour in a tupperware container.
Hmmm, shake shake shake.
The molten hot green puree, mixed with the self-rising flour, had exploded all over me and my formerly clean kitchen. It was one of those Lucy moments. You know the ones, where you take your glasses off and have two white spots in the green face, and just stare at the green dripping from the light fixture. sigh. We went out to mexican.
Posted by Jennfactor 10 at 4:46 PM
Friday, February 16, 2007
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Okay, I just put those last two in for the lost souls in the googlesphere. It's like the bat signal, but for Dorks. If you have googled those words, where ever else your search takes you, you belong here as well. Okay, go take care of your emergency first, but then come back. You need us.
1) Forcing other people into guessing games, regardless of whether or not you are the guesser. As annoying as it is to the other person? Its so worth the challenge!
2) Scripting to movies. Autistic kids do it and we give them treatment plans. We do it? And we consider ourselves entertaining as hell! Give yourself an extra point if you script Sci-fi movies.
3) Sharpening pencils. Sure we all have our preferences, manual, electric etc. But show me one dork out there that does not secretly LOVE the experience of sharpening that pencil. It makes a person feel VIRILE.
4) Playing video games on your cell-phone. Surprisingly, I did not realize this pleasure was dork related. I had to be told. Well mocked.
5) Peeling the apple without breaking the skin. I know that is sooo sleepless in seattle but still, like the pencil sharpeners, I defy any dork who peels to tell me that they dont feel a slight sense of challenge when starting that apple. I have ZERO hand eye coordination and I still feel that inner stir...
6) Having the remote control for the television in a room full of people and savoring the power. This can also be extended to changing the thermostat or air conditioner surreptitiously...
7) Waiting for the mail carrier just in case they are delivering something delightful for you. Even though you are 36 years old and all indications point to another box full of collection notices and bills....
8) Choosing the cell phone ring. Ask yourself? are you the dork that has to play every single ring when you get a new cell phone? Just finding that right one that appeals to your senses but does not communicate "im a loser". (tell me im not the only dork that does this)
9) Pippajo's Harry Potter Countdown Header I LOVE you Pippa! You are class dork baby!
10) Opening a new product. Does everything in the world not seem fresher when you rip open a new box of long coveted cereal?
11) Being more excited about kid's toys at Christmas than the kids who get them. Especially if you try to hog the toy from the kid.
12) New small appliances. Picking them out. Purchasing them. Engaging the cashier in clearly unwelcome dialogue about your excitement. Trying out the product for the first time....
13) I cant even believe I came up with 12! I call my dorks out for number 13
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
1. I think it was our second valentine's day together that my husband mistook "dont get me anything" for "im not even gonna make you a crappy card on a napkin". Needless to say a fight ensued. The next day he got me a card that said "my heart is with you, on easter...and always".
2. This little gem just came back to me: years ago sitting at a kitchen table with a not mentioned by name fellow dorkblogger (hehehe) sorting through candy hearts so she only had suggestive and hot ones to give out at the bar later.
Come on people, dorky valentine moments?
Friday, February 9, 2007
Thursday, February 8, 2007
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
13) An unnamed Dork has a crush on her Boss...
12) Adam Sandler.
11) Oliver Platt
10) Jesus (Oh, Gretty, I love ya so much for including the birthday cakes!)
9) Jean Luc Picard
8) More than one person espoused to certain blogging type individuals have confessed to an abiding affection for Betty White. tee hee.
7) William Fichtner (he was in Armageddon as the military guy, he was in the tv show Grace Under Fire, and he was the sherriff/police chief in the tv show Invasion)
6) Peter Jennings.
5) Al Gore.
4) Elvis Costello.
3)Sweet Tommy Brokaw.
2)Whoever invented the Sonicare toothbrush.
1) The number one Dork Crush seems to be Conan O'Brien. Conan may be the first Lovegod in the Dorkblogging Pantheon.
Linky has become Demon Posessed, apologies for no linky box--please leave us a comment and we'll post your link!
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Ive heard we are having some trouble with comments. Jen and I are working on developing a poll feature (in expected dork fashion)But low impulse control compels me to ask: What is YOUR biggest dork crush? Tell us in the comment section or send us an email at email@example.com. Perhaps we can start a dorkiest crush feature based on this?
Monday, February 5, 2007
Sunday, February 4, 2007
Dorkbloggers may not be the home for you if:
Either of the above graphics appear anywhere on your MySpace Page (Thirteen is OBVIOUSLY too young to be on the internet), or if you had to ask who was pictured in the previous post.
And can I add? Typos? Dorkblogger all the way. Deliberate misspellings for "street cred"? Go back to MySpace. Is that wrong of me to say?
Did you like dorkfessionals? Why not submit your dorkfession on to the email address on the side? Each week we will post the dorkfessions on dorkfessional friday. Of course you can be anonymous or you could show your true dork colors to the world!
Another idea we've been tossing around is the featured dork of the week. Do you want to be featured? Send us an email telling us what would make you a good dork of the week!
And yes we would welcome guest posts! If you want to do a guest post, send it in an email and we will introduce you as a guest poster and put you up!
Saturday, February 3, 2007
Oooooh, you want it?
Paste this for your very own button!
$a href="http://dorkbloggers.blogspot.com/" target="_blank"$$img src="http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u308/Jennfactor/dork2b1.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"$$/a$
Okay, My Dorklings, I don't know that I can make it any simpler than that. You may have to appeal to someone who DOES know code if that color coded substitution guide can't help you.
CRAP! It doesn't work! hold on....
See what I get for being snotty and condescending? I fixed it--it works now, and I'd like the thank the Cosmos for the Karmic Bitchslap. I won't be feeling superior again any time soon.
On a happier note, this graphic was a gift from Jen at Casual Slack.
Be sure to go see her and give her some love!
The alternative, button shaped button would be like this:
$a href="http://dorkbloggers.blogspot.com/" target="_blank"$$img src="http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u308/Jennfactor/dork2b2.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"$$/a$